Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Life of Living Hope

I have a philosophical corner in my room. I sit there and think about the deep meanings of life while listening to an inspiring play list on my Itunes. Or, as many of you know, I am philosophical all of the time. So much so, that when roommate date came around for my floor, Amber jokingly told me not to talk about the cosmos with my date. When I made up a list of possible topics to bring up, they included communion, the answer to the question (42), drug trafficking and the meaning of art. 



Sometimes such beautiful thinking does a great work inside of me.

 Today I wandered into 1 Peter 1:3-9. This chapter is about the continuous power of redemption and love. 
Kept by that power of God, salvation is secure, a living breathing force of transformation. And even though I do not see Him with my eyes, I believe. Through His resurrection, a life of living hope has been given to me. May that hope be continuously my motivation. 
Genuine faith, when tested by fire, is found to praise, honor and glory at the revelation of Jesus. Just knowing Him should be enough. Beyond fringe benefits, following in His footsteps is leaving everything else behind.
 

I have just started coming through a season of questioning. What is the motivation of the church? What is my motivation? 

The shocking realization: Jesus. 
If there was nothing else, would I be willing to stick things out with Him? 
Such faith creates a purity of heart like none other.
 Because I can't give up.
 Not when I have tasted and seen real life- that dream within a dream, those peculiar people who sit around His throne, complete in His life giving. 



And the salvation groaned for in the hearts of people and the very fabric of the world?
 It is fully here and fully at work in my life, if I allow myself to be convicted by the anointing and accountability of the Holy Spirit.

 Because it is His anointing that breaks every chain. Only when I have submitted myself to this process will I be able to exude the freedom desperately needed to minister. He will make a way.
 He will help me to fight for my future. 
I belong in His Kingdom because He has fashioned a place for me there with His grace.

 We are a people who have seemingly lost so much. Really, we have gained everything. 
I rest my hope fully on His grace. 
I exist in a life of living hope. 





Pieces- By Red

 

I tried so hard
 

Thought I could do this on my own
 

I've lost so much along the way 


I've come undone 


You make sense of who I am
 

I see your face, 
I know I am finally yours 


I find every thing 
I thought I had lost before 


You call my name 
I come to You in pieces
 

So You can make me whole


 I tried so hard

No comments: