Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sapphire Steps

My feet are paused, looking to start down this path of
Another last semester book end
One year brings changes I could never imagine
Perhaps dreams I never allow myself to think about
Or myself as completely different, a present for next New Year's Eve

They are unsure, my toes
Of where to lead my legs
I wish I were no longer in bed with hesitation
But Your simple, undergirding love never changes.
Grace is always enough.
How can is be that every step You take transforms the ground to Sapphire?
My heart longs to see such clarity and beauty,
such steps of purpose as when Your feet
hit the dust of planet earth.
God I N T E R R U p T I N G

People wait a lifetime for one glimpse of You
But seem to miss You in everyday
Your Sapphire steps are just enough promise of redemption
The transformation of clay and darkness
You have given me loving gazes

This life with You: Such a risk
I would not be anywhere else
In fact, Heaven could flow everywhere
At any moment
Busting through the cracks
Help me to see Sapphire steps
Because mine are shaky enough


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hey love!

So excited that you finally caved and joined in the blogger festivities. :) Once again, I love this piece. And I am yet to read it with something other than tired eyes, so give me a bit...

lovelovelove