Saturday, October 18, 2008

Colorado Paper = Recycle

As if I now do not write enough, I had a craving to write a blog.
You see, this week I started my first full time job at a news paper as the special sections reporter. I can't even believe how much has happened this summer... I am finally waking up from an intense season of challenges, mishaps and general numb.

Monday: Day 1
I am introduced to people. And more people. Then meetings on benefits and all of these silly things we Americans must possess in order to stand as successful. I started brain storming stories and the day ended promptly at 5 p.m. As part of my HR orientation, the department manager informed me of the Reporter Herald's push to recycle and join the general Green madness. In fact, for a BBQ Expo next weekend that will be hosted in the parking lot, all of the plates, forks, napkins and cups will be made from corn and are bio degradable. The event will be completely trash free, which excited me very much (but I digress). I also watched my co-worker Jade consume 10 cups of coffee. He already has enough energy to fill a coffee pot, but I suppose a little more can't hurt.
And who can argue with an unlimited supply of the juice?

Tuesday: Day 2
I am in the middle of the advertising department, and I must admit this is very exciting. Today at a planning meeting we discussed different campaigns and selling ads for a new bridal magazine. They asked me about my life and I told them I have a dog and an emotionally disturbed cat. Sometimes the information I chose to reveal about myself astounds me. Currently I am working on stories for a men's health issue of our Healthline magazine. And Home and Garden stories. And a back to school insert. But when I started layout today, that is when I really felt in my element. All of those hours at the Oracle are actually paying off...every last late minute of them.

In short, I love Colorado. I love newspapers. I love recycling. And I love you and miss you all...

No comments: