Saturday, October 18, 2008

Finger Slide

My dog always makes it first to the front door, eager to catch what ever adventure exists inside. The kitchen waits for us to walk through with all of our luggage and my grandmother usually sits at the table ready to visit. I grabbed a bag, smiled hello and walked up the familiar stair case. The air conditioner blew my hair one zillion directions as I turned to set everything down in the study where I usually sleep when I am here.

As I stood in the door frame, my papa sat on the couch playing the guitar. His eyes were closed and his head leaned back on the navy blue couch.

"I will always love You, I will never leave You..."

His new song filled the room as his fingers slid up and down the guitar in praise. I realized this is one of those moments... a snap shot in time when you realize the beauty of another person and what they have done for you. After all of these years, His greatest priority resides in praising his faithful Maker. Papa has left me a legacy that I will never be able to turn away from letting define me.

Yesterday we sat on the lawn in white garden chairs and talked about the Kingdom of Heaven. Christians focus too much on the church, which is only a small aspect. We need to ruminate on the Kingdom inside and how to share such riches with others. Just Jesus. May this simplicity guide me as I step into all of this mess called post-graduation.

No comments: